Your Right to a Chicago Criminal Lawyer
If you are arrested, you have the right to an attorney. Furthermore, if you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you. It is important for the sake of your freedom that you understand this right. Skilled, experienced, and unyielding, Richard Loeb is a formidable attorney to have by your side.
Understanding your right to counsel
By invoking your right to counsel, you gain an ally who can explain the law to you in an easily accessible manner and look out for your best interests.
The following are some of the other benefits of retaining a criminal defense lawyer in Chicago:
- Explain your rights: Your lawyer can explain the various rights you have while under the supervision of law enforcement. Additionally, he or she can assist you in navigating through the ever confusing legal system.
- Protect your rights: Your lawyer can also protect you from law enforcement officials. While not that common, police can violate the rights of defendants. Criminal lawyers in Chicago can prevent law enforcement personnel from abusing your civil rights.
- Negotiate: An experienced attorney can negotiate a plea bargain for your case. It is vital that you choose a lawyer who is knowledgeable and trustworthy. With more than 20 years of experience handling criminal defense cases, Robert Loeb is dependable and tenacious.
- Hire expert witnesses: Many people do not realize that a criminal defense lawyer in Chicago can hire expert witnesses and investigators to uncover additional evidence.
- Create a solid defense: With your story and evidence gathered, your attorney can begin to formulate a solid plan of defense.
- Cross-examine prosecution witnesses: It is the job of the prosecution to prove you are guilty. As a result, the prosecutor may present various witnesses to testify against you. Skilled Chicago criminal defense lawyers can properly cross examine these witnesses.
Do not hesitate in retaining counsel if you are arrested. An experienced criminal lawyer can defend your rights and help you avoid jail time.
Being charged with a criminal act can be devastating for you and your family. However, with the right attorney by your side, you may be able to fight the charges and move on with your life. To arrange a consultation with Robert Loeb, call 312-368-0611 or use our online quick contact email.