Chicago Criminal Law Attorneys
The ramifications of a criminal conviction may be more than your think. In addition to facing jail time and fines, you may have difficulty finding employment. Experienced criminal law attorneys in Chicago like Robert Loeb are dedicated to defending clients who face virtually any type of criminal charge. Tenacious and dependable, we are proud to assist individuals who are charged with felony and misdemeanor offenses throughout Chicago. For more information on how we can help you, do not hesitate to contact us today.
Criminal statistics in Chicago
Knowledgeable criminal law attorneys in Chicago can explain that in the early 1990s, crime rose in many cities across the nation. Chicago was no exception. In 1992, the population of Chicago was less than one million people, yet 943 murders were committed.
Consider the following statistics on crime in Chicago in 2005:
- 70 percent of murders take place between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- 6 percent of offenders were between the ages of 14 and 16
- 75 percent of murders involved a firearm
- 11 percent of murders were the result of stabbings
- 41 percent of domestic murders were caused by stabbings
- Robbery was responsible for 10 percent of murders
- Gang altercations made up for 30 percent of murders
- More than 40 percent of victims were between the ages of 17 and 25
- More than 60 percent of offenders were between the ages of 17 and 25
Although crime has decreased significantly in Chicago, the above statistics are alarming nonetheless. Today, Chicago still has one of the highest murder rates in the country.
If you face a murder charge, you must hire a criminal lawyer immediately. A criminal offense like murder is punishable by a lengthy prison sentence and costly fines. A seasoned criminal law attorney in Chicago can fight for your rights and may be able to reduce or eliminate the charges against you.
Being charged with a criminal act can be devastating for you and your family. However, with the right attorney by your side, you may be able to fight the charges and move on with your life. To arrange a consultation with Robert Loeb, call 312-368-0611 or use our online quick contact email.